Playlist


Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas is approaching

I'm finally getting excited about Christmas. Boy, it has been a hard season for me to get into this year. As a family we are doing great. McKenzie is her own very active little self. We have the tree set up so now it seems like constant no's in the house; even more than usual. Colin isn't quite walking yet but he is getting very close. If he would just let go he would be off and running. Then I would have to fast movers...Yikes!!
There are a few layouts that I have finished so this will be a post filled with pictures. I may have to break it into two posts so please read on!
The Parks family had Thanksgiving Dinner at our house. We had a total of 21 people in our house. It was a lot of fun, but boy was I wiped out for a couple of days after wards! The sacrifices we make for our families!! hehehehe!!

Family Treasures by Patty Webb is a beautiful fall kit full of color and texture.

http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/shop/product.php?productid=618&cat=0&page=1

I will probably get in all kinds of trouble for this photo, but oh well. Couldn't resist but grab the camera. I was helping McKenzie with something and turned my back for 2 seconds and this is what I found! He finally managed to climb up on top of the door! Silly boy. I superimposed the hat from this beautiful kit that Patty Webb made. It is called All Wrapped Up #1 available only at SOTB.

http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/shop/product.php?productid=643&cat=0&page=1


This was a fun challenge at SOTB. It is a Birthday Calender for next year. Each month they will add another month to the challenge, so at the end of the year you will have a new calender for 2010.
I used DeDe Smith's Winter Glistening. She has the funniest little animals in her kits!
http://digitalscrapbookpages.com/digitals/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_132&products_id=5084

This was just a fun card made for the Ad to Your Scrapbook Challenge. It was an ad that someone has us scraplift.
The beautiful kit Christmas 2 Go is by Jill D-Zines and will soon be available at AnnTheGran.
It has fun whimsical colors.

Text reads:
"This is so beautiful it reminds me of growing up in Wyoming and looking for a Christmas Tree."
My husband who is a city guy thinks that I'm totally crazy! That is what he gets for marrying a country girl! The best part was spending the day with my Dad on the snowmobiles.

I finished the Font Challenge with a beautiful photo that I found on-line.
I used All Wrapped Up #2 by Patty Webb and also a sampler available on her blog at:
http://pattysdesigns.blogspot.com/. Don't forget to check it out.
It is amazing it looks just like when I was a kid. My Dad and I would load up the snowmobiles every winter and go up country to find the perfect tree. I remember always trying to talk him into cutting down a 50 foot tree just for the top 10 feet. We would always find the perfect tree and get to spend the day together with Mom waiting in the truck for us with hot chocolate and hot coffee. She didn't like the cold so she would wait in the nice warm truck! Smart woman!

All Wrapped Up #2 is available at:
http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/shop/product.php?productid=644&cat=0&page=1

It has been so much fun to be able to actually sit down and do some scrapbooking! I forget how much stress it relieves when I take the time to do it!

Hope everyone is doing well and I still have more layouts to post but I will do that at another time. Children are getting restless!

Love you all,

CindyLou

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great blog Cindy I love reading about how you and the rest of the wild bunch are doing. those layouts are all great. My favorite one is of Colin in the dishwasher. Any way I love you and have a wonderful day.