Playlist


Thursday, January 8, 2009

Surgery

I have forgotten to mention that you can click on the photos and they will enlarge also. I always forget to say anything and forgot to go in today too. But I came back just for all of you.

McKenzie had her eye surgery and all went well. She went to the hospital Tuesday at 12:30 and we were home by 9pm. The surgery went very well and she is up and running around. The doctor gave us some pain medicine to give to her, but she really doesn't like taking it. When she starts to get really irritable then I kind of force the issue, but there is no reason for her to be in pain. She looks horrible, but it really doesn't seem to bother her much.

We went in for the doctor to check her yesterday. The assistant was the one that we actually worked with on the check-up. He said that it all looked great and that we would see them next week.


My Girl was a super fun LO to make. I used a template by Garden Girl Designs available at:
http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/forums/showthread.php?p=70143#post70143
Jill DZines Baby's First Year at NDISB available after the 9th of January.
Font: Rickles and Not His Angel
Journaling reads:
McKenzie grew up with me saying strike a pose. This generation is going to be photographed to the max. It is fabulous. hahaha!!
As a scrap booking Mom I think that photos are great but I have a feeling when the kids become teenagers they aren't going to think it is so great. I just can't help myself.
My Dad My Hero was another challenge at SOTB this was the ad challenge for January. I used Rugged from Patty's Designs available here:
http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/shop/product.php?productid=587&cat=0&page=1


Feel the Touch was a layout that I had been hoping to make. The lyrical challenge fit perfectly for the title. The song is Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band. It sounds like a horrible song but it really isn't bad at all. I actually enjoyed it. I just love this photo of us together. I used template5 by Choukette, Signature Collaboration kit at SOTB, Feel the touch a a precious child, Colin and Cindy at the Children's museum September 13, 2008

Link to Lyrical challenge:
http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6576
Link to Collaboration Signature kit:
http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/shop/product.php?productid=229&cat=42&page=1

Whew! It looks like I've been busy. This is taking longer than I thought it would.

Anyhow, the calender page is also a SOTB challenge.
http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/forums/showthread.php?p=70110#post70110
Although I didn't use a kit from SOTB. I actually used Beary Be My Valentine by Nightbird Scraps
Template by Danielle Corbitt at Scrapoutsidethebox.

Winter Wonderland was a fun challenge to get outside of my box. I did a simple photo of the snow on the trees the other day. It evokes the feelings of cold, winter, crisp, and clean to me. How about you?
I used the posting bonuses for the month of December. (Gentle Winter to make this LO.)
I may even print this one and put on the wall.


I just love these papers they are so awesome. I used pieces of a huge collaboration kit that was given to the people that make layouts with all the amazing designers' kits. We are also known as the Creative Teams. CT's It was called Grateful 4U.
Patty put up a challenge for a healthy recipe.
Link to challenge:
http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/forums/showthread.php?p=70089#post70089
I used a template from Scrapinge @ scrapinge.blogspot.com. The recipe was off of the Food Network. I really am going to this one a try. (Promise!!)

Recipe:
Healthy Carrot Muffins
3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 C. whole wheat flour
2/3 C. dark brown sugar
2 T. wheat germ
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Pinch fine salt
2 large eggs
1/3 C. vegetable oil
1 T. pure vanilla extract
4 medium carrots, grated (about 2 cups)
1/2 C. canned crushed pineapple, drained

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line twelve 1/2-cup muffin cups with paper muffin liners. Whisk the flours with the brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, & salt in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl lightly whisk the egg, then whisk in the vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Quickly and lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula. Stir in the carrots & pineapple just until evenly moist; the batter will be very thick. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until golden & a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Turn muffins out of the tins and cool on a rack. Serve warm.

There is also a quote that goes around the edge of the layout.
Quote:
Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average. Which means you've met your New Year's resolution. Jay Leno

Anyway, that was a lot longer than expected so I had better get something done today! LOL!!

Love and hugs,

CindyLou

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that McKenzie is doing ok. I love all these layouts. You have beautiful children. I just love them to pieces.